This list is by no means complete and as I learn and develop I will share with you my findings. Everything that I mention below I personally use and have tried and tested. Enjoy!
- Gymboss: Hands down the best piece of fitness equipment on the planet. This little timer allows you to plan workouts with rest periods all to a beep or vibration. I use them for my own training, with clients and during classes. Simple to use and highly motivational for when you are training alone!
- Stability Ball: Sometimes called a Swiss Ball or even an Exercise Ball these inflatable balls are excellent for challenging your core stabilising muscles.
- BOSU: To work on those stabilising muscles and to inject some fun into your workouts I like the BOSU. Looks like half a stability ball and can be used either way up. Cool for quick reactive drills too!
- Sliders: Similar to Valslides. Use them to provide a dynamic surface for lunges, core exercises and cardio work. These ones are perfect for carpeted floors.
- Kettlebells: There are lots of suppliers around but in the UK I use Tribal Rhino. They offer good quality, well proportioned, and well packaged kettlebells. Great to deal with and well priced too!
- Massage Stick: Perfect for portable soft tissue massage of clients. They come in 3 different sizes, I like the 19″ variation.
- Riverford: I can’t say enough good things about this company. They deliver weekly organic fruit, veg and meat boxes to your door. More economical than buying at the supermarket and much better for you. Great for eating with the seasons and reducing air miles!
- Juicer: I love to start the day off with a juice. Vegetable juices are best as they lack the sugar that fruit juices contain. This is the juicer that I use, it is simple to use, easy to clean and very sturdy. Cheap too!
- Danival Sea Salt: This is the French sea salt I have been using for years. Totally natural, and not processed so it contains all the minerals. It’s grey in colour the way it should be.
- Steenbergs Organic: Great for Organic spices and Teas. Check out the website they have some great spices to linen up any recipe.
- Chinese Tea: If like me you enjoy green tea then I can recommend China Life. I love their Silk Oolong, for a smooth brew! If ever you are in Camden you must check out their Tea Bar.
- 12 Week Essential Bodyweight: You should never underestimate the power of Bodyweight exercises. You need to master these essential evolutionary movements before you even go near a weight.
- 12 Week Essential Kettlebell: New to Kettlebell Training? Then this guide is for you. Learn to Stabilize first by developing timing and soft tissue resilience before moving onto more dynamic movements.
- 12 Week Advanced Kettlebell: If you have been training with a Kettlebell for a while then it’s time to ramp things up with these progressive Kettlebell Circuits. Avoid plateaus as each workout progresses on from the last!
- Healing with Whole Foods: A great reference book on Nutrition with more of an Eastern influence. I use this book frequently to reference information and get a fresh perceptive on nutrition.
- Nourishing Traditions: I love this book. It’s basically a cook book but with more of a Paleo slant to it. I like the fact that it challenges many of our current food beliefs. Interesting recipes too on how to make you own whey protein etc.
- Periodization: If you want to know how to plan workouts for Strength, Hypertrophy, and Endurance, then look no further. Bompa is the grandfather of Periodizing workouts and now on the 5th edition.
- Movement: Gray Cook is a Physiotherapist and a genius at sports rehabilitation. Gray’s theories on movement and assessment are a real eye opener to all those involved in Personal Training and Rehabilitation.
- Anatomy Trains: I must have read this book a dozen times. It’s crammed full of juicy info on how the body is put together by 7 connective fascia lines. For example releasing tension on the sole of the foot can release tension all the way up the back of the body and into the forehead. Amazing!
- Primal Body, Primal Mind: If you are interested in a Paleo diet like the one I eat then this book will give you everything you need. Hundreds of scientific references to back up the facts too!
- Stretch to Win: Hands down the best book I have ever seen on stretching. This husband and wife team work with some of the top athletes and sports teams in the USA.
- The Great Cholesterol Con: Got high cholesterol or taking Statin drugs then think again. This book will open your eyes to the worlds most profitable drug!
- Starting Strength: If you want to get strong fast then you need to concentrate on the big lifts. This is one of the most comprehensive beginners strength building books I have seen.
- Spark: Discover how exercise makes you smarter. Great book based on a school study conducted in the USA.
- Solostream: For the past 5 years I have been creating all my websites using WordPress, the number 1 free blogging platform. Once you have installed WordPress you can add whatever themes you like. My website uses a Premium theme called WP-ClearVideo designed by Solostream. They offer amazing customer support and bend over backwards to ensure everything works the way you want it to.
- Bluehost: For hosting your WordPress site I recommend Bluehost. It’s simple to use, inexpensive and has excellent customer service. If you are starting out with a new website then you can’t go wrong with Bluehost. Loads of free extras too
Did I miss Something?
If you think something belongs on this list then please let me know.