This Video is taken from my 500 Body Weight Challenge.
Description from the Audio
Next, we’re going to do the forward lunge.
Now, lunges are extremely powerful exercises. They work the full body but in particular the thighs and the glutes, the buttocks and the hamstrings.
So, this is what it looks like:
- I’ll stand to the side so you can see what I’m up to.
- But, when you do the forward lunge, you take a good step forward, drop the knee down to kiss the floor.
- Don’t bang it on the floor.
- You’ll notice that I should have roughly a 90 degree angle to the front and a 90 degree angle to the back.
- You can adjust that as you sort of keep progressing through your lunges just to get the exact distance.
- So, they’re alternating. So, we’re going to go left foot first. Then right foot.
- Try and keep the weight on the front heel as much as possible.
- Push back off the heel at the front.
- Keep the chest up.
- Keep looking forwards.
And that’s the forward lunge. Nice and simple. Find your natural groove. You are going to do 50 in total. Alternating legs so that’s 25 on each side. There you go. The Forward lunge.