This Video is taken from my 500 Body Weight Challenge.
Description from the Audio
NOTE: If you suffer from lower back problems or sciatica then this exercise is NOT for you
Next, we’re going to move on to the dirty dogs.
Now the dirty dogs are a core exercise, and they also work on the mobility of your back and also the hamstrings at the back of your thighs as well.
So, this is how we do it:
- So, we start like in a push up position, but bring the feet a little bit closer to the hands.
- From here, we’re going to drop the hips down nice and slowly and look up.
- Keep the core tight at the bottom position here to protect the lower back, squeeze your buttocks nice and tight, breathe out.
- From here, you’re going to look back at the toes, take the one hand, and touch the opposite toe.
- If you can’t reach the toe go for the shin, the knee, or the thigh, but ultimately you’re going for the toe.
- Put the hand back down, breathe out, core tight, and then change hands.
Try and keep the legs straight if you can. In real time it looks like this. That is the dirty dogs exercise, a really strong exercise for the core and also the mobility.
Take your time, and please don’t bang your hips down onto the floor as you do the exercise. Good luck.